Friday, February 4, 2011

Writing.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards. Robert A. Heinlein

I am currently reading the Crossing, by Winston Churchill. He has just taken me on a journey down the Mississippi River. I feel at this moment that I have never heard of it great river before, but as of now I can never forget it. Like I have just encountered the emotions of a grade school crush. That I have ran to the defense of a girl and now I am being asked why I have stood up to protect her. The emotions inside of me are jumbled and to produce a answer at this time would only lead my audience to taunt me for the conclusion of my undeveloped thoughts. I care about this River more today than I did yesterday.

 I am writing a script right now for my cousin. We are involve in a amateur film making contest hosted through his church. It is very exciting, seeing young people work together in teams. I have gotten stuck a few times in the progress of writing the story, and I confess that it is no where near complete. I grabbed a writing idea from famous Director Akira Kurosawa. In the 1980's he was fired from Toho Studio and he could no longer get anyone to front him the money to produce his latest movie. In the waiting time, of not knowing if the movie would ever be made he himself went through the movie and painting images of how he saw it to be made. Yes, the description is Story Boarding, but the director himself was making his own images for his movie from what he saw. Two days ago I was stuck on the not knowing how to advance the script, so I brought out my sketch book and started to draw. After I was done drawing I realized that the picture in front of me was a image that I wanted to be seen inside of the film. So I went back to writing and wrote the scene I had just drawn out. Kurosawa's film “Ran” was finally made. George Lucas and Francis Coppola gave him the money to make the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment