Monday, January 9, 2012

Joy behind the clouds.

It has been so long in between blog posts on here, I wonder if its even KOSHER to write on here anymore.

The year that has just ended has been one of the hardest and most full on I have ever had. It was the second year of owning a business and it just kind of took over my life and enveloped every part of me. Its not a bad thing in any form I don't think, sometimes you have to sacrifice things to focus. And focus I did. I came out of the tunnel into Christmas exhausted and ready for the month holiday from all things work that Liv and I decided to treat ourselves with. Im not sure tho treat is the right word for it, as we were so close to a burnout I could smell the smoke catching up with me.

To date this holiday has been the best thing! It has rained for most of the summer so far, but I have seen so much beauty emerge as I have to from my exhaustion. The rain has made for the most lush green grass, the brightest red Pohutukawa flowers (picture attached) I have ever seen, colourful wildflowers and so much JOY from everyone around me every time the sun does pop from behind the grey clouds.

This year I have made one resolution (Im not sure I should call it that tho, as every time I do I get over it and it becomes a chore). Theone thing I would love to do is pay attention to the people around me and let the ones who are important to me know it. It seems simple, but when work and life get busy it is too easy to become numb. I was talking to someone once and they said they lived (or tried to live) like there was a giant highlighter scribbled on their life, I would love to live like that this year and also scribble that highlighter on other peoples life. OOOH!

Ok well, I will be back at the end of the summer.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment