Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Act I. Guy Cutting a Monkey with a Knife
I am submitting this picture for the cover of the Boise Weekly. The reward is that you get to be photoed and post a artist statement next to your picture. It feels like thought graffiti on the social brains of the city. 




Act II. " Get out of the road you little beast!"
Driving a couple of nights ago, I saw a cat crossing the road. I braked till the animal acknowledged that it must turn its walk into a trot. It was at this point that I began yelling at the cat.
“ I hit cats!”(pause) “ I hit cats!” In my history of driving I have never struck a animal. It was earlier this week that on dark car drive home I had a encounter with a cat. The car in front on me braked and something appeared directly in front of me. I thought it was a cardboard box, but it was a cat. I turned to the left and braked. I convinced myself that the cat made it free from death from my car. A day later I looked to see my brand new front license plate of my car dented and a quarter of a inch size rip in the metal. The facts lay before me, and tonight I gave a clean witness to my crime. “ I hit cats! Get out of the road you little beast!”

No comments:

Post a Comment