Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tylenol PM and the Luck of Heaven

It is January 9th, that means my gym membership is over. I was running 40 minutes a day and sitting in the steam room for 10 minutes. The steam room instructs you that you should only sit inside of it for 10 minutes. I cannot quit place the status that a steam room has in the exercise world. I remember watch a 20/20 television special about horse jockey riders losing weight by dancing around in steam rooms. I like the odd memory of television reports voice playing in my head, while watching two professional jockey's dancing around in a sweat room to lose weight for their next big race. I think about those Jockeys every now and again, and if I ever have a jockey son rider of my own I am gonna name him “Sweats”.

I own a original Game Boy as made by Nintendo. Nintendo means, Ninten 'leave luck to the heavens' + do 'company'. I am glad that Nintendo stuck with their Japanese name for their product rather than launching out a Americanized translation of the Gaming System. However, maybe I would have taken my video gaming in a different way if I known that the companies whole slogan of expression was a coin toss of fate. And now, knowing the bases of this companies expressed wishes, I can pass on my hard internal feelings of having never beaten the last boss on Double Dragon. I miss interpreted the opening sequences of the video game, when the gang of guys came out and punched my girlfriend in the stomach and carried her off. If I would have known that I was playing Double Dragon for the Leave Luck to the Heavens Company, I might have taken my first lose on that game cartridge as the fate of the heavens in failing to rescue my girlfriend. However I have boiled with a internal justice that my 8 bit girlfriend still cries out somewhere from a holding cell beyond the physical eyes sight.

I was sick, sleeping all day and taking my allotment of flu drugs. I dreamed a lot. The one dream was based around watching “Back to the Future” inside of my dream while walking around my old house talking on the phone with a old girl that was my friend. The part I enjoyed the most was when I didn't have anything to say, so I stopped talking on the phone for a very long time, hoping that maybe she hung up while wishing I could get back to my movie. Finally I said,”Hello” she answered back and said that she had nothing to say either that she just was staying on the line. The Other dream consisted of me riding in the back of a tan mid 80's suburban with two ex-girl friends, while my Grandpa drove up the side of a mountain with my Grandma in the passenger seat. At one point my Grandpa had to go 4 wheeling in a quite amazing and unbelievable way. It was after my Grandfather moved safety around the cliff in the suburban, me and one of the ex-girlfriends gave each other Powerful High Fives. The End. Innocent right, that I how I felt about it. Thanks, Tylenol PM, you are the yearbook drug of my consciences.

No comments:

Post a Comment