Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spartacus and Kimbra

I just watched Kimbra's music video for the song Settle Down. Ah Goodness it was cool. The music was great, the artist was up front and guiding you through the tone of what her music is about, and it told a story. The music to me is reminiscent of a big band era, since I lived in no such era I am guided by the depictions I have seen. A distinct powerful woman's vocal guides the room as it is carried by beautiful classical instruments that send the arrangement of sung words flying into various emotions with the instruments swelling,falling, crashing. The artist was guiding the music video. The video is not amazing, it is informative. She,Kimbra danced through out the video by her own inspiration. She is not well trained in dancing, but she is moving in a way that says that she is moved directly by what she is doing. Often times a video is filled with girls who are dancing not to entertain themselves, but are dancing for you the viewer. They practice stopped position posses that make them appear as though they are advertising for a magazine aid. If you don't buy magazines, don't posse like them. Sell what you believe in. The video told a story, it told a message and it was super fun and stylized. I am a sucker for a story as well as many others.


I have a Kindle now, but I have this odd owners feeling. The feeling is as though I have just bought a Gym Master Machine off of a late night television program. Based upon the real life testimony of the normal house mom, “Tammy” I too can also lose 28 pounds in a months time. I registered my Kindle on the same day that I also registered my car. Registering for anything is funny, cause now a little information about you is traveling a further away from you than you ever intended. Yes I registered my Kindle under the name TigerHorse, but the Kindle is still smart enough to call me Joe, instead of TigerHorse. Its like the Kindle does not want to recognize the superstar personification that I am trying to read my life by.


Conan O'brien was made into a superhero by a DC artist. Yes, the clip is all over The Face Book, but good heavens can we just talk about old outdated information for a second. I know little of Conan, but I support him. He is the Spartacus of this Roman Television Program world. When I say Spartacus, I mean Kirk Douglas circa 1960. Jean Simmons tells Kirk Douglas that the origin of the wind is from a man who eternally thinks of a girl and sigh's. Kirk Douglas than kisses her in a Man Manish Quick Grab Style. Quick Grab Style Grabbing only appears in movies, and if it is done wrong it has the same consequences as missing the turn on a fake punch. Conan O'brien leads his late night show with the same kissing bravado.

No comments:

Post a Comment