Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Give Me a Book. Friend Potential. Save Honey Bee.

I was given a book a while back by a man I whom I barely knew. I was working as a Barista at the time, and he was a customer from time to time. I am sure that he could hear most of my conversations that I would have with people from the counter. One day he arrived at the coffee shop and gave me a book. The act of giving someone a book is a wonderful thing. It is a hard decision because the book is as though your most trusted friend and now you have decided to set it up on a blind date with a complete stranger. I recommend that you give it away and do not ask for it back. Unless you are willing to give away your most trusted information it most likely will not return to you in the same form as loaning it in a tenant like fashion.

I had heard that a young man had gotten his bike stolen. I found myself in conversation with him and I said, “ I am sorry to hear about your bike.” He expressed that he was not sure what he was going to do about the situation. It was his main sources of transportation to work. In some defense of the situation, I don't think walking is out of the question, but we were dealing in social goods and so I didn't say that. I told him that I would keep my eye out for a bike that was for sale. I had never had a conversation with this boy before, other than asking him for a cup of coffee at the sales register. I noticed a change in him in our conversation. I noticed a potential. A potential for friendship.

On my walk today I saw a Honey Bee. The day had made a turn from bright and sunny to dark clouds and wind. The Honey Bee was sitting on a fence waiting to die. Walking by I felt bad that I had nothing to offer him to save his life. Honey Bee's only travel with enough sustenance to sustain their current trip. Searcher Honey Bee locate Flowers for their Pollen. They return to the Hive and give a description of where the Flowers are. The Retriever Bee is than given the amount of food need for him to make the trip there and back. If you ever find a Honey Bee sitting quietly all by its lonesome it is not because it is waiting to jump on you and sting you. It is because the Kid got lost, blown off course, or just ran into problems along the way. He has exhausted his food supply and has no strength to fly home. Truth be told you can save a Honey Bee who is dying. Go get him honey, drop a little in front of his face and than watch carefully for his tongue to eat it up. Its a pretty wonderful experiences, especially when he flies away. I encourage everyone to try and save a Honey Bee at least once in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment