Friday, April 8, 2011

Excellent Thought. Inventors. Yesterday is not Today.


Sitting here with a cup of coffee. What will you think about today that will be wonderful and what will you think of today that will be excellent? I started making a list in the middle of last month of ten great things I wanted to think about that day. Each day the list was new. I tried to think of what I had written down the day previous so that I could finish the thought. Thoughts turn into Actions. I wrote down that I want tell my friends how much I care about them. And in the course of that day I stopped myself to write a letter and mailed it to them. 

I heard a story of a great inventor that was being interviewed by a journalist in regards to what his secret was to success. The Inventor said that he thinks for a hour a day. The journalist was a bit confused at this. The inventor described that early on in his career he would take ten minute breaks to dream about possibility's and over the course of many years he has now build himself up to the ability to do it once a day for a hour. For one hour to dream in the physical of the intangible and to have your thoughts take actions to change it. 

Our last greatest victory will prohibit us from our next greatest victory. If I assume a false confidence in starting a new painting because my last painting was so awesome, I will most likely kill myself on the new project because it doesn't have the same power as the first project. All art is a process of pain, not that the pain cannot be celebrated. I was in need of a personal boast of self confidence yesterday, but instead a friend told me to get my life back to the drawing board and work harder today that I did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment