Tuesday, March 15, 2011

King David. Mr. Washington's Dining Room. The Lost Boys of Peter Pan

And David said, “ Let not a man's heart in Israel fail by putting trust into my words. I will fight the Philistine.” Years back, I made a list in my journal of all the people that I felt uncomfortable to be around. It was a odd list, and I thought it terrible to make such a list. I made the list in a hope that it would clear some unknown social foggy feelings I had. The list was mostly composted of people who I had a assumed confidence in and whom I had lost confidence. It was a list of people that I desperately loved and wanted to be loved by. However, somewhere along the way feelings were not mutually shared. It is a wearisome thing to lose hope, we never see it when we have it, but when its gone we know not what has left us. David said, Do not let a man in Israel fall out of hope, fall out of love, because they have a expectation of me. That expectation is a feeling, but I will give it a clear definition. I will go fight the Philistine for them.”

Years back I took a grade school trip to Washington DC. During that trip, I visited Mount Vernon the home of First President George Washington. I loved it, and I still have a great mug that I bought from that trip. Drinking coffee out of that mug always reminds me of the experiences. While on the tour, I can remember the female guide calling our attention to Mr. Washington's dinning room. It was painted a green shape of teal, or maybe it was a yellow shade. I cannot recall distinctly. The guide told us that Mr. Washington had the belief that this color helped indigestion. It is funny that teal and pink pastels are attached often to indigestion and stomach cure medicines. The purpose of all this is that I want a kitchen, and I want to paint it some form of a pastel. I would like the Victorian decorative accents that George Washington also displayed. I would like a kitchen that invites tea and coffee drinkers, and makes eggs in a skillet on the stove look like a Norman Rockwell painting.

This morning I driving in my car and thinking. It is good to have places to think. I can say that my car is not really a thinking place for me in my life, but I had just gone on a 10 hour round trip road trip in that car. And the impression of being quiet must have still been lingering in that space. I was trying to think of how to describe myself. Currently I am working with a team of Actors and Musicians to do a small low budget film. We had a group practice last night, and even though I encouraged by the practice I still had a longing to further communicate my intentions to my group. So in the car this morning I was imagining a story I could tell them to describe my efforts. The story was a description of our group hiking through the woods on a day outing. I would enjoy walking through the woods with everyone, but what I am really looking for is a initial point of conflict to cure my appetite for adventure. I guess the fastest way to describe it, is that I want to go into the woods and play Lost Boys of Peter Pan all day. But in order to do that, everyone needs to get the Lost Boy Model into their own head and play upon that vision. How can I empower my group of Actors to be Lost Boys inside of this Film Project?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read up on your blog, for a while, but I'm back on board with yours among others' blogs, too. I think the Lost Boys idea is great... Although, is this Lost Boys, Keifer Sutherland style or Peter Pan cartoon style? It could get all awkward and Lord of the Flies like up in the woods if people are bringin out stakes and silver bullets...

    ReplyDelete