Monday, March 7, 2011

Do you ever try to write poems? I do and here is one for you

If I had Chalk
If I had Chalk, My Dear
I was to make a note
On my Knees I would have set to making it known
Not Loves Letter of Average Post
But a Large Chalk drawing of a skeleton at most
Speak not of ill gotten meaning
For a purpose cannot be known other that in hearing
But do not hold me to perfect word of Why
How could Gray Bones speak loves cry
For I've never heard you speak of a pain in Death
I should have drawn you a Dove instead
But you are not contained in a form of this bird
For both animal and man are two different natures, and wildly misunderstood
I drew the bones by best I can say
That it is something of you, and it is something of me
And when a life time passes away
The Archeologist will look in and on at a Future day
Two simple frames
One of mine and one of yours
Old ,White, and Gray
In a Common Dirt Covered Grave

1 comment: