Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog-a-saurus Rex

"If I get all my work done, I can go outside and play." -my anxious self

I just read the story of Ruth and Boaz from the Biblio. At the end of the book it tells you that she was the Grandmother of King David. When I am reading the book of Ruth I like to picture the excitement of David as he heard his father tell him that family story early in his youth. Later on it was David the Musician, and David the Warrior ,who carried the memory of his family. David the King than had the story recorded. David learned a true respect for the virtues of his Grandmother. So much so that when he was lost in the wilderness and met Abigail, he recognized her strength of character and let all his anger be silenced by her virtue that reflected a image of his grandmother to him. This is just what my mind pictures.


Some one said, “ we might never see him again.” but the source of that problem is not in the “him”, but the “we”. If you are to wait for the “ we” group of life to tell you what you will see and what you will not see, than you might be waiting a long time on your orders to come from your counselors. Your decision to see “him”, is based upon the desires of your own eyes. A collective never shared the exact same view of anything. I recently moved, and there were people that I did not get to say good bye to before I left. I was told by a friend that several of them said, “ we might never see him again.” and in truth I agree with them, because of the distance of their comment. But, the friend who told me all of this, told me that he loved me, and in truth I know that I will see him again. Because he is dealing with the “ him” and not the “we”.

No comments:

Post a Comment