Friday, January 14, 2011

Lucinda Williams, Luis Borges

Lucinda Williams is playing on the coffee shops play list. She is singing along with a male artist. The Album is most defiantly his solo work and Lucinda is only appearing on this song. Lucinda Williams album “Car Wheels on a Gravel Road” reads as a book to me. I was convinced in my minds eye that I was once again traveling down the dirt and dusty road of my childhood. In my minds memory the light always reflects with a bright brilliance as though the sun, was so much younger at that age in my life and now it has matured and lost that highest hue of shine.

I have filled up my Moleskin journal. I need a new one, but the asking price is 17.99, a big hurdle. I buy the Moleskin brand continually and prefer it. I cry in my milk at times not being able to write in a journal. I most always have one, but each time I finish my Moleskin Journal I hesitate to buy a new one. It is in that hesitation process that I write more on this computer of mine. I debate inside my head whether or not my words hold the value worth of 17.99 After thinking this for a time and a time I begin to read my old forgotten recorded thoughts in my previous journals, after this I realize its value and than travel out and buy myself a new one with a excitement to the adventure in writing.

I must read Luis Borges, “ Dream Tiger” soon again. He writes of three Tigers, I cannot fully recall the description and individual value of each tiger. But Borges seems to tell me at times that he never personally cared to add and equate. I felt at many times he never gave me irrefutable evidences of his artistic mastery. So I continued to read him, so that I might be able to tell my peers what I had come to know and find and in this I would have a small studious victory. However, I never could find my way out of the room that his writings opened inside of my mind. To try and to explain him to the onlookers I would have to stumble over my own new conceptions of imagery. It is as though I went to the Circus to disprove The Mentalist, but instead walked away with a new interest to join the Circus.

1 comment:

  1. You're sitting across from us now... after that awkward Joaquin Phoenix mid-hoax moment... I now have no idea what the music is in this coffee shop. It's definitely not preferable... maybe Lily Allen? Dunno.

    ReplyDelete