Friday, January 28, 2011

Foxtails and Emails.

It is a long weekend this weekend. I am up in Whangarei, my home town. One of my best friends Erin Cole-Baker is over from Bend at the moment and she played a gig last night. I felt like a proud parent. Watching her on stage with her brother, captured in the moment and playing music that was like magic to my ears. The crowd was big, enthralled, and surprising because there was a cyclone outside (I read today that it is the biggest rainfall since 1974...!). Erins music is so delicious! Instantly I am transported to forests filled with woodland creatures, deer, moonbeams, love, sweet lyrics floating around like fireflies. They make me happy in my soul, and make me want to move to bend where her songs are written!!

I decided today that I wanted a lucky foxtail. I scoured the internet for one, but turns out I cant get one shipped here....our border security wouldn't allow it (we don't have foxes). So I went out and bought some fur and made one. Im going to carry it around with me, and its going to bring some of the woodlands I dream about, around with me everyday!



Also, I came across this image today. It instantly reminded me of a friend of mine. So I emailed it to him, with a little note of encouragement. He replied instantly, with a note that read along the lines of "perfect timing, this spoke to me and some struggles I have been having." As Joe said previously about his dad, sometimes it pays to act on a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment