Monday, June 13, 2011

Fool. Lock your Microwave. Tubal-Cain.

I have made a foolish act in my friendship, I have made a brave dash, I have felt the criticism coming to my actions. Are the brave men so note worthy by their first initial step of course? Is there such a surety to first action that the sprinters in a race can stop short of their 100 yards after they have preformed one good step. My error hurts me, but to stop now is to teach myself that starting is foolish. We practice continuation. However it does hurt all the more when human lives are in our rehearsal of life lessons.


There is a button on my parents microwave that shows the symbol of a lock. I am a little confused why a microwave would need a lock? Maybe it was added as a feature so that the microwave user can safely walk away from their defrosting burrito and find it still intact against his or her room mates? With a locked door option, I can pop aromatic popcorn and have a room of subjects at bay to the smell till they agree to do my will and watch the movie I want! In truth I have not tried the lock button, I have a slight fear that it will be like the defrost button that requires me to scroll through meat types and enter in pounds without the help of a directional pad on the microwave itself. I usually defrost everything for about a minute at a time, and if its not done, I defrost it for another minute. 

Self-Reliance, we deny ourselves a good and notable voice because we judge ourselves as lacking in true worth. 

I would be interested in learning about how to make steel, and cast iron. I don't want to learn my facts from a factory or a school. I want the process to be taught to me from instruments I myself can find and make. Tom Waits sings the line, “ written in the book of Tubal-Cain” Tubal-Cain is a man mentioned in the book of Genesis as being one of the first workers in metal. I just wonder if I would become so much more if life demanded so much more of me and if I could be noted as a man such as Tubal-Cain to be the first worker of metal.




No comments:

Post a Comment