Friday, May 20, 2011

"I see you everywhere I go". A Small Wager. Circus Elephant

I am filled with the idea that I need to make books relate to my own life in a way. And when I make a friend I also make connections of how they relate into my own life as well. The end result is reminders through out my life.

I lived with my grandparents for a nearly a year. On occasion I would find the time to watch a sporting event with my Grandfather on tv. He would ask me who I was going for and than he would cheer for the other team. He always wanted a wager of money to be placed upon the game. I don't consider myself a avid sports watcher, but I did realize that no matter how familiar I was with the teams playing I was always picking a side. In truth my Grandfather brought it out in me when he would ask me, “ who are you going for?” I was always reluctant to answer that question, because in turn I knew it meant that he was to pick the other side. Still, I appreciate the question being asked. Because even today I feel as though I am needing to draw up sides in my own life and I am needing the clear call to come forward, “ Who are you routing for?”

Yesterday I sketched out a drawing for a future painting. Recently I have been doing artwork at other peoples need. I have not done any for my own sake and enjoyment. The results end, was a picture of a elephant dressed as a man sitting down cast at a table, while from behind him his circus girls holds him and leans against his head. Secretly I want to say a phrase like, “ Never Forget” For my own amusement I am wanting to style it as though it is a old advertisement poster. Oh to love to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment