Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grounds for Control. The Steel Handed Stingray Hook. Hurts to Laugh.


I was told that in Customer Sales a potential customer must have at least ten interactions with his intended item of interest before they will commit to purchasing this. Translating this for a Sales Person means they must give the Customer multiple opportunity to purchase their item of interest. I am currently making my decisions as to what book I will read next. I have a few in my possession, but I have been approached by two others and have been hearing about them as though I was in a small gift shop with a anxious owner. I enjoy trying to track the path by which these books came into my circle of influences. Book one, I can distinctly recall the guy from Ground Kontrol in front of me at Tiny's coffee shop, telling his friend he bought his brother a first audition. It was last week that I was sent a text message encouraging me to read Book One.
Book two, has less human involvement and more media control. The Author's name was first dropped in the movie Tron. I heard the name of the author, but did not know what he had written. So I felt embarrassed that I was unsure of what the reference meant inside of the movie. On my Kindle the author's face is proudly displayed with a powerful beard. I entertained the thought that the power lies in the beard. Both books have come into my life in their odd ways. Both have different routes that my emotions will be lead on. I am not sure what will come of Ten Opportunities till Ownership.

In the book “Peter and Wendy”, James Hook debates the issue of Good Form. You can remember this phrase being spoken out by Dustin Hoffman in the 1991 movie “Hook”, with Robin Willliams as a adult version of Peter Pan. In the original book our only true step inside the mind of Captain Hook was his personal debate of the issue of Good Form, which is directly opposed to Bad Form. There were wonderful ideas that he himself debated personally to try and to create a life style of Good Form in his own life. Since James Hook was a Pirate it is safe to say that Form does attach itself to Morals. Design demands that Form follows Function. Captain Hook was jealous of Smee his ship hand, when all the children including the Lost Boys played with Smee's glasses and pulled at his beard and talked to him sweetly. Smee possessed Good Form unknowingly and it brought children in and made them love him without a pinpoint merit as to why. If Form follow Function, Smee life must have made the entertainment of children a possibility. But not so much as children alone, but the entertainment of new incoming thought aside from his own. As Captain, Jas. Hook can look to no others for his source of confidence lest his confider aids a mutiny against him. What a wonderful question to ask oneself, if I hold my words in for fear of a mutiny, or make way for child like thought. 

“Each heart knows its own sadness, but no one can share its joy.” Proverbs 14:10
How do we find bonds of connection, How do we begin friendships, how do we create conversation in grocery stores. Can I be so bold as to say we do so over grief. Joy is the hardest moment to give away, but sadness we can agree on. In Robert Heinlein “ Stranger in a Strange Land.” Michael makes a convincing argument that we laugh in place of feeling pain. He argues that a person slips and falls and we laugh. The idea of laughing at someone else tragedy is sickening, but it is a everyday occurrence. A expression of Sadness or Ill Feelings. I was amazed at work the other day how quickly a conversation over customer and worker interaction created a long chain of story upon story of Ill Feelings. In Customer Service I was told that a Customer who has experienced a store that he or she was impressed with, will tell 4 to 5 people of the outstanding service they received and experienced. A Customer who has a bad occurrence with tell ten people about the Ill or Sad Experience. But it is my belief that Joy presses forward, but Sadness sits down to think of the past. Going forward in joy still may be a little lonely.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say you are a much better writer than I. I am always truly humbled by your blog experience and the deep thoughts that come from your life. Loved the "Good Form" portion and the reference to "Stranger in a Strange Land". Keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete