Friday, March 4, 2011

Several Days Ago. The Hypothesis Theory. Film site finding.

Several days ago I read Toni's thoughts on the Earthquake in New Zealand . Everything she wrote was important, but I will admit that I did not stop to fully let it in. In the shower this morning I stopped myself long enough to just think about it. I thought about the entire country being still and silent for two minutes. I than realized it was my time to be still and silent. The passage from the book of Luke, came to my mind about Jesus talking of men who had died in a construction accident. I paraphrase from memory, ' and those 18 men who died the other day while working on the tower. Were those men so wicked that they were all gathered to be at the same place for the single reason of their demise and judgment? No. But know that our days are short and each one of us should be prepared to meet his end on this earth.' Some people in this life only make themselves live with the comfort feeling good, some turn themselves the opposite to only live with the tragedy being their comfort. Jesus knew he was to die, he knew his mortal tragedy he did not deny it, but still people came to him for his immense joy in life and more.

I first learned the term Hypothesis in middle school science. It was explained to me as a theory, or a statement of intent, in which someone is searching for a possible result. This theory was than to become the foundation for all the work we as a classroom were to than do. When the teacher told me that Scientist are made Scientist by their Hypothesis, I remember feeling lied to. The teacher was trying to get out of doing really lab science projects and expanding my learning mind by giving me a definition of a word and calling it “Science”.
It was recently that I was asked how I was able to pick up needed skills for my new job so quickly. 
“ Have you ever done this kind of work before?” and to answer this I tried to draw lines between my current occupation and how it related to past jobs. Still the person asking the question of me did not accept these answers to the full entirety for the need of the question. This than made me think of how it was possible that I had made leaps to fill needed skill gaps. Let it be known I am far from any level of excellence in my current position, but still my aptitude has been noted by my co-workers.
I made myself a work Hypothesis. A Hypothesis is a statement of intended results. The work that than follows is all based upon proving your Hypothesis. Each day before work I go over tasks that are required of me and try to imagine how I can do them better. I do not go into work chanting a magical rhythm of “ I will be the best, I will know no stress” Instead I observe problems and make heart guided endeavors to fix them. I would like to entitle myself as a Work Scientist, but I also would like to keep that as a title I say silently in my head. Hmm
Hypothesis in life. There is a phrase that says, “ Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.” A Wish is a working Hypothesis. However it is more dangerous than a Hypothesis because it lives inside our minds and exist within a reality that says “ only if crazy unexplainable events occur will this ever happen.” A Wish stays in our mind, but our lives are actively testing our Hypothesis for the conclusion. My example is the guy who has a odd in explainable attraction to the “ wrong girl” in his life. He has no current relationship with her, but he has a heart wish that she would find him attractive. He than makes the Hypothesis in his mind that says, “ She would never find interest in me.” The Mental Scientist than goes to work and tries to disprove his Hypothesis. He makes efforts to talk to the girl that are categorized as acts of fate in his mind. All the while he is unaware that he is being a Scientist in his own heart and mind. Suddenly the girl finds him sexy! He has found a great satisfaction in his life knowing that he has disproved The “ She Will Never Like Me ” Theory. Knowing now that he has disproved the theory, he than takes the reward of getting into a relationship with this girl who is a wrong choice in his life.
Daily we have mental Hypothesis working in our minds. Personal challenges that we are trying to conquer. Our mind has the great capability to focus, we need not to deny its power by labeling everything as a “ wish”. What we think about will gravitate us closer towards it. What Wishes do I need to more clearly define and be intentional about?

I am working on a film project. Yesterday a group of us spent a fun morning scouting for locations to shoot the movie. This is a picture of one location. 


No comments:

Post a Comment