Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Doctor Who has the edge on 70's Fashion. Abigail & David. Speak for Yourself

I ran out the door to go meet up with my actors for my short film project I am involved in. I made my best effort to dress like Tom Baker, aka Doctor Who. He wears a wonderfully large wool coat with large collar that is up turned slightly. He wears the biggest scarf I have ever seen. I hated his large grotesque scarf with its earth tone colors of orange, green, and beige and brown. But, now I some how love that scarf for the unique description it gives the Doctor. In the previous episode the Doctor had to duel against a most notorious swords man, The Doctor had to readjust his scarf after each engagement of swords. Sword fighting has become many things in the movie culture world and long since has it been that a duel was to held by only gentlemen. So The Doctor casually stopped each time after the crossing of four to five sword hits and readjusted his scarf. Never fearing that the Gentleman across from him would take a reward in a undeserved victory. Doctor Who is wonderful. I just enjoy myself at the whimsical nature of it all. And all the while I am going to keep my eye out for a large grotesque scarf.

I've recently read the story of Abigail and David. I could try to retell the story, but I wouldn't want to lose my emphasis on the idea that it gave me. Abigail intercepted David while David was on a one way path to destruction. She had never even met the guy and she placed herself into a dangerous position of being the one person who is going to try to reason with him. This is the first time we ever see David taking a rash action. Abigail wins, she turns David back from his anger and she also wins his heart. I consider myself to be quite foolish in my Anger as most should. Other times I get so frustrated with nursing a attitude of anger that I lock myself inside of me. It is a wonderful thing to be wrong, and even more to have the other person forgive you for it. Because after David got over his temper, he asked Abigail to marry him three days later. And she accepted. Not only was David awesome enough to know he was wrong, he was awesome enough to know he need someone like Abigail around him continually.

"Words do not need to be written for others, if I myself do not need to hear them first."

I was having a very hard time editing my script. My sister made the comment in passing that she felt I needed to read certain passages out loud. I began reading the script out loud to myself. It was amazing how much it helped me. How often are we telling others things that we are so badly needing to hear ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment